Developing Wish List for Your Home
Developing Wish List for Your Home
Before searching for your home, the real estate agent wants you to describe all your desires and features you want in your home. In order to help the agent, it is important that you must analyse what you want, what you feel and what you desire in your dream home.
Why Budgeting is Important in Buying a Home
Buyers making any purchase decisions picture to have millions of dollars in their pockets to buy their dream house. However, this is not true for some of the buyers. Normally, when buyers wish to buy a home, they can afford to buy a house worth three times their annual income which may vary country-to-country. Budgeting and identifying an adequate source and amount of money will help you to narrow down your home search while it is important that you should talk to a professional and licensed mortgage specialist. A licensed mortgage professional will help you with the perfect calculation of size and amount of loan required to fulfil your dream of buying a perfect home.
Choosing The Home Style That Fits You
Living in your current society, you must have developed or picturized your dream house and its style. Some of the main options which appear in your mind will be single-family houses; as they are more common and are abundant in neighborhoods and towns. Other than that, there are condos and town homes that are present in different urban areas. Selecting each home type may have several disadvantages and advantages as well. For instance, one can find peace and freedom buying a single-family home while some can find condos to be more cost-effective as they have low yard work and maintenance cost. Buyers also reconsider the purchase of a multi or single-story house as per their desires. Since single-story homes are more compact and fit perfectly for buyers who are subjected to mobility restrictions while on the other hand, some find multi-story homes as they provide more vertical space to the households.
Identifying Bathroom and Bedroom Numbers
Selecting the number of your bed and baths will depend on the size of your home you wish to purchase. National Association of Home Builders revealed that a potential buyer with a single family will live for 13 years in the same house. Having said that, you must identify your current as well as future needs and plan to have a bed and bath number as you will be living for more than a decade in your home which you wish to purchase.
Selecting Neighborhoods that are Well-Matched
You must be familiar with the saying “Location, Location, Location”. Having a well-matched neighborhood is a blessing, before making a purchase, buyers look for a dream neighborhood. The main reason behind this desire is related to have proper access and proximity to public transport, airport, shopping and other facilities. However, one must not ignore the fact that finding your dream neighborhood is as difficult as finding your dream home. Showing flexibility in acquiring your desired neighborhood will help you have a wide range of prices and options for purchases.
Wish List Items for your Dream House
Before creating a wish list for your home, you need to identify basic needs that you wish, desire and want in your dream home. Facilities, amenities and household requirements you wish to have might not serve you with basic needs, but they can add up additional value to you living where you can live a happy and enjoyable life. Each wish list item may differ in terms of the buyer, his requirement and his perceived importance of each item. One buyer considers having a formal dining room important while the other may wish to have an extravagant library to utilise the space. Therefore, to make a wish list for your dream home, you should rank your priorities as per their importance.
- ›AGE OF PROPERTY: Buyer has a wide range of selection categories to buy a newly constructed home to go for a historic home.
- ›SQUARE FOOTAGE: You must have an idea of square footage before going for your home purchase.
- ›INDOORS AND OUTDOORS: You should be having an idea of what you want in indoor or outdoor spaces. From yard to no-yard options, you have plenty of options.
- ›FROM DINING TO STUDY SPACE: Need a study area? An Office? Or a Dining area? Think before you buy.
- ›DESIGN AND STYLE: Try to imagine your home style? Colonial or Spanish Designs? Or a bungalow or a Ranch? Decide what architectural styles you wish to have and chose from a wide range of styles.
- ›REPAIR OR DISREPAIR: Buyer may or may not be loving a fixer-upper, while some loves new DIYs and cosmetic strokes. Choose wisely as repair or disrepair cannot be any worse.
- ›COMFORTS AND AMENITIES: From woof floors to ceramics, and from updated kitchen to most American-styled kitchen, you have plenty of options for amenities at your home.
Here, the key is here that you are able to identify your wants and distinguish them from what you need. Identifying your wants will help your agent to understand them and help you find your dream home.